While many of my clients know I'm a bit of a germaphobe. The pandemic has not made it any easier. Here is a list of what I will be doing inside my portrait studio many of the items I did before the pandemic. The underlined items are new for the reopening.
I take sanitation very seriously... I even teach a class on it!
... as most of my clients are expecting a new baby or have a small child. These steps listed below are taken after every session. Newborn, milestone, cake smash, maternity, family and even high school seniors, headshots you get the idea!
There are some steps I always take to ensure the cleanliness of my studio and my props to protect my own family as well as those that I have the honor of serving.
Before every session,
- I wipe down the railings, light switches, hard tabletop services, sink handles, and toilet flusher.
- I wash my hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and turn the faucet off with a paper towel
- I wipe my camera gear down
- During most sessions you'll see me hand sanitize mid-session and if I pick up my phone or touch my computer.
- I will ask you to remove your shoes before entering my studio
- I will ask that you wash your hands upon entering
- I ask that all people not in the immediate image to wear a face mask and keep a safe 6' distance from the photographer
- I ask that only family members that are residing in the same home should come into the studio at a time.
After every session,
- I wash all soft items that came into contact with baby or momma to be. (cloths props blankets)
- I spray any toys children may have played with chemical-free 'baby safe' Lysol daily cleanser
- I spray down all furniture that clients sat on.
- I spray my camera straps
- I wipe down and sanitize any hard props baby may have been in as well as my camera/ lights
- I will be only doing one session a day
- I will be scheduling studio sessions 72 hours apart.